To filter upcoming events, please click on the categories listed below, or use the menu links to the left.
To view more information on each event, click on show content underneath each event title.
To reset filters that you have applied, click the ‘reset‘ button to the right.
Mon30Apr20188.30AM - 5.30PMEGBC OfficeShow content
EmiratesGBC’s Building Retrofit Training (BRT) Program in partnership with Dubai Supreme Council of Energy (DSCE) and Masdar is a certification course designed to teach the fundamentals of building retrofit. Click here to register.
The BRT aims to support the objectives of:
- UAE Vision 2021 – sustainable urban development
- Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 – sustainable urban development in Abu Dhabi
- Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030 (DIES) – energy efficiency in Dubai
- DSCE’s Demand Side Management (DSM) Strategy – reduced energy demand in Dubai
Courses are offered at two levels
Level ONE: Level One is a beginner level training provides foundational knowledge of sustainability to primarily non-technical participants and industry professionals who want an overview of viable retrofit methods applicable in the Gulf region.
Level One is a one-day workshop only.
Level TWO: Level Two is an advanced course training that provides relatively more technical knowledge than Level One, and prepares candidates for inclusion into ongoing retrofit projects and a streamlining of their own technical capacity for more effective post-retrofit maintenance and preventive care. Level Two is a three-day workshop.
What You Will Learn
- General building sustainability.
- Viable building retrofit methods applicable in the UAE and MENA region.
- Sustainable methods that can improve indoor environmental quality in your home, office, and/or facility.
Who Should Enroll?
- Industry professionals: architects, consultants, contractors, MEP professionals, manufacturers, suppliers.
- Building owners: home owners, landlords, developers.
- Building operators: facility managers, hospitality professionals.
- Building end-users: tenants, students, public and commercial sector professionals
Mon30Apr20189.30AM - 12.30PMAuditorium, The British University in DubaiShow content
This workshop will bring together speakers from a wide range of areas across the clean technology spectrum, including manpower recruiting, policy, project finance and legal. Speakers will share their extensive knowledge and unique perspectives on the shape of the job market.
Discussion will not only focus on the current job market and skills required to succeed, it will also address the skillsets that new graduates will be required to have for future employers. It will also help new graduates gauge market expectations in the near future, and will address perspectives on the current and future trends in the job market around renewables, energy efficiency and sustainability in general.
- Dr Raed Bkayrat, Managing Director, CEBC
- Professor Bassam Abu Hijleh, The British University in Dubai
- Simon Bangs, Partner & Co-founder at Sustainable Recruitment Solutions (SRS)
- Diala Hawila, Associate Programme Officer at IRENA
- Damian Regan, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Udayan Mukherjee, Partner, Dentons
- Diako Makhmalbaf, Manager at EY
This event is free to attend, but you must register in advance. If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tue15May20181PMGSTOnline WebinarShow content
Tower projects with molten salt storage have taken up the lion’s share of the Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) projects announced in the past few months. This webinar explores the evolution of this technology from the original ‘Solar 1’ project, decades ago, to the latest state-of-the-art technology developments.
- Examine how to overcome the main challenges when constructing and operating a CSP tower with molten salt
- Focus on construction – Lessons learnt to optimize the construction and commissioning of a CSP tower plant with molten salts
- Predictive O&M for CSP tower plants – consider the proven methods and techniques for predictive maintenance to ensure your project lasts in perfect condition beyond its expected lifetime
Thu17May20181PMGSTOnline WebinarShow content
This webinar looks in detail at the procedures for O&M that CSP plant operators have learned over the past 10 years of operation
- Equipment failure & replacement – understand the challenges you are likely to find when dealing with equipment
- Predictive maintenance – consider the proven methods and techniques for predictive maintenance to ensure your project performs optimally
- Extending the lifetime of your plant – learn what checks and balances you can include in your O&M protocol to ensure the best working order for your project beyond the lifetime it has been designed for
Tue12Jun201810.00AMGSTOnline WebinarShow content
With more than 6 GW of photovoltaic projects already installed, and another 2 GW in construction, Australia is fast becoming one of the biggest and most attractive markets for solar developers. This webinar will focus on analyzing the growth of PV projects with batteries in the country, a nascent but quickly developing opportunity which is expected to be fiercely competitive.
- Analyze the tariff that you should aim for to be competitive with your PV + batteries project throughout the country
- Learn about financial institutions and who-is-who in the renewable energy market in Australia, and how to get them involved in your project
- Uncover the real opportunities among the myriad of national and state level policies and tenders
- Consider the impact on profitability of network connections, 30-minute settlement periods, and the potential for more grid-support requirements, among other challenges found in this market
Thu14Jun20182PMGSTOnline WebinarShow content
Parabolic trough is the best-known CSP technology; and has made up the bulk of the Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) projects built so far. This webinar explores the evolution of this technology from the SEGS plants decades ago to the latest technology developments.
- Examine how to overcome the main challenges when constructing and operating Parabolic Trough plants
- Focus on construction – Lessons learned to optimize the construction and commissioning of CSP Parabolic Trough plants
- Predictive O&M for Parabolic Trough – consider the proven methods and techniques for predictive maintenance to ensure your project performs optimally
Wed27Jun20182.00PMGSTOnline WebinarShow content
Molten salt has become the technology of choice for solar thermal storage systems. But new materials and systems are gaining traction, such as phase change materials, solid particles, ceramics, concrete and many more.
- Hear the latest research on thermal storage materials reaching higher temperatures and withstanding larger temperature differentials, and how they will positively impact CSP’s cost-competitiveness
- Understand the commercial availability and cost of the new thermal storage technologies
- Explore how innovation can enable thermal storage to keep its cost-advantage against lithium-ion batteries over time