To filter upcoming events, please click on the categories listed below, or use the menu links to the left.
To view more information on each event, click on show content underneath each event title.
To reset filters that you have applied, click the ‘reset‘ button to the right.
Thu06Sep201810:00 CET/ 11:00 CESTOnline webinarShow content
Palestine imports more than 90 % of its electricity. Additionally, areas such as Gaza are severely underserved, receiving less than half the electricity they need. Given the year-round availability of abundant sunshine, and the fact that solar energy costs have reached historical lows, solar energy could offer a unique opportunity to increase the domestic energy supply. In this webinar, experts will discuss crucial details such as:
- Rooftop or ground-based PV, grid connected or off-grid solar: find out more about the growth potential in different segments
- Regulatory environment: learn about the laws and rules governing the development of solar energy projects in Palestine
- Concentrated solar heat (CSH) for commercial and industrial uses: find out how CSH technology could help Palestinian enterprises fulfil their energy needs.
Thu13Sep201819:00 CEST/ 12:00 CDT/ 13:00 EDT Online webinarShow content
With more solar and grid entering the grid at record low prices, the future of energy is renewable.
But as more peak load electricity enters the system, batteries and storage become essential for load shifting and to maintain the integrity of the grid. So, what are the most promising technologies developing that allow grids to manage energy loads? And more importantly, what is the role of policy to aid grid integration of renewable generation?
- Hear about the importance of solar dispatchability from the grid operators and utilities’ point of view
- Understand how the quality, quantity, continuity and predictability of energy dispatch from storage is key to secure the grid stability, and how this is secured by different technologies
- The inside track of policymaking for renewable integration and real life success case studies
Tue09Oct20182:00 pmOnline WebinarShow content
Digital technologies are playing an increasingly important role in the energy sector. As the energy system gets smarter, it can perform tasks more precisely and faster with little or no human interaction. Although this brings efficiency gains, it also means that addressing cyber risks is critical for energy security and economic resilience.
This webinar will discuss the main challenges that energy companies need to overcome to secure their operations.
- Whether you represent a utility a manufacturer, an EPC or an IPP, understand the main cybersecurity threats your company could face because your work is related to infrastructure critical the countries where you operate
- Hear how to digitize your company whilst increasing resilience – as more connectivity and data is generated in your operations, establishing a threat and risk management system, an effective cyber-incident response network and more resilience is key to secure the normal operation of your company
- Analyze the main commercially available solutions to secure your operations and spot the main technologies to look out for in the future
- Consider which business units are required to report incidents which affect the security, provision, confidentiality and integrity of the service
Thu11Oct20182:00 pmOnline WebinarShow content
Investments by the Power Generation sector on big data have ballooned by a factor of 10, according to industry experts. This isn’t surprising, considering that high performance data storage and processing has become cheaper and more powerful than ever.
Energy companies have realized that this represents an unparalleled opportunity to derive value from aggregating and analyzing billions of data points.
In this webinar, you will hear about the main trends shaping the use of big data in power generation.
- Understand the potential value to the energy industry of big data management, forecasting and machine learning to streamline operations, and what obvious niches of value exist today
- New business models – evaluate how big data and advanced analytics are triggering the development of new business models and what that means to your company
- Hear real case studies of how specific energy companies are unearthing value from their big data and building teams ready to harness its increasing value
Tue16Oct20187:00 amOnline WebinarShow content
Oman is almost entirely reliant on Oil and Gas for power generation. In an effort to diversify, the government has set a target of 4 GW of renewable energy by 2030.
Given the abundant sunshine and good solar resources (with GHI of up to 2500 kWh/m2 per year), solar energy should play a large role in Oman’s future energy mix.
Attend this free webinar to hear our expert panelists’ analyses on key topics such as:
- The status of current projects in Oman such as the recent Ibri tender (PV, 500 MW)
- Regulatory environment for solar project development and operation in Oman
- Analysis of different market segments from utility-scale to rooftop PV and Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
Wed17Oct20187:00 amOnline webinarShow content
With over 300 sunny days a year and good solar resources throughout the country, Iran has huge potential to become the biggest solar market in the region, yet it only has about 30 MW of installed solar capacity. Recent solar project announcements, such as Saga Energy and Amin Energy Developers’ deal to build 2 GW worth of PV plants, suggest that Iran’s solar market is about to grow exponentially. In this webinar, the expert panelists give you an insider’s view into the opportunities emerging in this promising market.
- Solar project pipeline: learn which projects are most likely to go ahead and what are the biggest opportunities in this interesting market
- Regulatory environment for solar project development – how to navigate the intricacies of the local and state markets to speed your projects through
- Technology review – analyze the solar resource in Iran and the potential of different technologies such as PV and CSP in Iran’s energy mix
Wed17Oct20182:00 pmOnline webinarShow content
The Internet of Energy (IoE for short) is the implementation of Internet of Things (IoT) technology into distributed energy systems to optimize the efficiency of energy infrastructure and reduce wastage.
This webinar explores how the IoE is changing the industry to unearth more value from data and machine to machine (M2M) communication.
- Understand the value IoE can add to grid-connected energy service, such as power monitoring, demand-side energy management, distributed storage, and renewable energy integration
- Explore the value IoE can add to off-grid energy services and microgrids such as aggregator of “behind the meter” residential, commercial and industrial distributed energy resources (DERs); including rooftop solar PV, peak-demand energy storage, smart meters and data loggers
- Is cybersecurity a big challenge for the IoE? How to build your IoE system with resilience in mind
- Hear real life case studies of how companies utilize IoE technology in their operations to unlock value from their operations.
Mon22Oct20189.00AM onwardsGrosvenor House, Dubai Marina, United Arab EmiratesShow content
The 9th Dii Annual conference “Desert Energy Leadership Summit” is scheduled to be held on 22nd October, 2018 at the Grosvenor House, Dubai Marina, United Arab Emirates. The Desert Energy Leadership Summit, once a pioneer itself, has become THE leading event on the practical aspects of the migration towards a fully emission-free power supply in the regional and inter-regional context. The Summit will, thus, focus on the experience with concrete projects in the deserts, and the integration in the local and interconnected regional power grids and markets.
Wed07Nov20183:00 amOnline WebinarShow content
Water desalination has sky-rocketed from 66,4 million m3/day in 2011 to 99.8 million m3/day in 2017, with the highest areas of growth concentrated in North Africa and the Middle East. Given the extraordinary solar and wind resources available in the region, renewable energy seems called to provide the energy required for desalination. However, fossil fuels are still rule desalination, what would it take for renewable desalination to take off?
In this webinar, our expert panelists will provide you with key insights into the progress of renewable desalination.
To register, please click here.
- Costs of building and running different renewable desalination technologies, including solar and wind powered reverse osmosis and solar thermal with multi-effect desalination
- Case studies of current renewable desalination technologies
- Renewable vs fossil powered desalination: at what cost of energy will renewables be more cost competitive
Thu08Nov201812:00 CET/ 12:00 TRTOnline WebinarShow content
Turkey has ambitious plans to build up its solar energy capacity. After meeting its initial target of 3 GW of installed PV capacity in 2017 six years ahead of schedule, the government has set up a target of 5 GW of PV by 2023. In this webinar, experts on the Turkish solar energy market will provide you with:
- An insider’s view into Turkey’s strategy to encourage solar development and foreign investment in the country
- Analysis on the do’s and don’ts of developing solar energy projects in Turkey to ensure that your project speed through the development milestones
- Regulatory overview: gain a better understanding of the regulations related to PV development in Turkey and how to streamline your construction process
To register, please click here.
Tue27Nov201811:00 amOnline WebinarShow content
As the cost of PV goes down over time, the focus on reducing costs will come from operational expenditure (OPEX) as much as, or even more so, from the CAPEX. If you are planning a new project, this webinar analyzes the state-of-the-art technologies and strategies that set you up for the lowest OPEX possible from the design stage.
To register, click here.
- Predictive & Corrective maintenance – compare traditional PV projects with new designs and components that facilitate the maintenance of the plant over time
- Learn how to manage warrantees and replacement cycles more efficiently to maximize its effect during the lifecycle of the project
- Analyze what is the impact of PV innovations such as string inverters, bifacials, 1500 volts over the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the plant
Wed28Nov201811:00 amOnline WebinarShow content
Are you efficiently using automation and analyzing the data you generate to learn and improve plant maintenance? This webinar provides an in-depth look into the latest technologies for monitoring, automation and intelligent analytics applied to PV projects.
- Hear the latest on wireless communication systems available in the market that lower BoS cost in your CAPEX whilst also lowering OPEX cost over time
- Whether you are using sensors or drones, learn how to collect effectively useful data from your plant and how to analyse it using intelligent automatic systems to monitor the operations and optimize production
- Real life case studies on how extra value was leveraged through data, machine learning, artificial intelligence technology
To register, please click here.
Tue04Dec20182:00 pmOnline WebinarShow content
Solar PV installations are booming, bringing much-needed clean and affordable energy to consumers worldwide. On the flipside, a colossal amount of waste is resulting from mushrooming PV installations; by 2016 PV waste figures were estimated between 43,000 and 250,000 metric tonnes and by 2050 PV waste could amount to 78 million metric tonnes. In this webinar, industry experts will provide you with crucial analysis on the measures that are being taken to ensure that PV remains sustainable at the end of its useful life.
- Learn about the business opportunities that will result from the need to recycle PV
- Get an overview of regulations in the main PV markets in terms of lifecycle of components and materials
- Breakthroughs that could reduce PV waste or dramatically improve recycling
To register, please click here.