To filter upcoming events, please click on the categories listed below, or use the menu links to the left.
To view more information on each event, click on show content underneath each event title.
To reset filters that you have applied, click the ‘reset‘ button to the right.
Tue17Apr20188.30AM - 5.30PMMasdar Knowledge Centre
Emirates GBC - Retrofit Building TrainingShow content
EmiratesGBC’s Building Retrofit Training (BRT) Program in partnership with Dubai Supreme Council of Energy (DSCE) and Masdar is a certification course designed to teach the fundamentals of building retrofit. Click here to register.
The BRT aims to support the objectives of:
- UAE Vision 2021 – sustainable urban development
- Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 – sustainable urban development in Abu Dhabi
- Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030 (DIES) – energy efficiency in Dubai
- DSCE’s Demand Side Management (DSM) Strategy – reduced energy demand in Dubai
Courses are offered at two levels
Level ONE: Level One is a beginner level training provides foundational knowledge of sustainability to primarily non-technical participants and industry professionals who want an overview of viable retrofit methods applicable in the Gulf region.
Level One is a one-day workshop only.
Level TWO: Level Two is an advanced course training that provides relatively more technical knowledge than Level One, and prepares candidates for inclusion into ongoing retrofit projects and a streamlining of their own technical capacity for more effective post-retrofit maintenance and preventive care. Level Two is a three-day workshop.
What You Will Learn
- General building sustainability.
- Viable building retrofit methods applicable in the UAE and MENA region.
- Sustainable methods that can improve indoor environmental quality in your home, office, and/or facility.
Who Should Enroll?
- Industry professionals: architects, consultants, contractors, MEP professionals, manufacturers, suppliers.
- Building owners: home owners, landlords, developers.
- Building operators: facility managers, hospitality professionals.
- Building end-users: tenants, students, public and commercial sector professionals