EmiratesGBC’s Building Retrofit Training (BRT) Program in partnership with Dubai Supreme Council of Energy (DSCE) and Masdar is a certification course designed to teach the fundamentals of building retrofit. Click here to register.
The BRT aims to support the objectives of:
- UAE Vision 2021 – sustainable urban development
- Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 – sustainable urban development in Abu Dhabi
- Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030 (DIES) – energy efficiency in Dubai
- DSCE’s Demand Side Management (DSM) Strategy – reduced energy demand in Dubai
Courses are offered at two levels
Level ONE: Level One is a beginner level training provides foundational knowledge of sustainability to primarily non-technical participants and industry professionals who want an overview of viable retrofit methods applicable in the Gulf region.
Level One is a one-day workshop only.
Level TWO: Level Two is an advanced course training that provides relatively more technical knowledge than Level One, and prepares candidates for inclusion into ongoing retrofit projects and a streamlining of their own technical capacity for more effective post-retrofit maintenance and preventive care. Level Two is a three-day workshop.
What You Will Learn
- General building sustainability.
- Viable building retrofit methods applicable in the UAE and MENA region.
- Sustainable methods that can improve indoor environmental quality in your home, office, and/or facility.
Who Should Enroll?
- Industry professionals: architects, consultants, contractors, MEP professionals, manufacturers, suppliers.
- Building owners: home owners, landlords, developers.
- Building operators: facility managers, hospitality professionals.
- Building end-users: tenants, students, public and commercial sector professionals