Emirates Environmental Group (EEG), in partnership with the Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC), would like to invite you to EEG’s 5th and final Panel Discussion of the year in Dubai on the 30th of October under the topic of “Sustainable Tourism in the UAE: Challenges and Opportunities”. The panel discussion will aim to foster an open conversation about all aspects of tourism from hospitality, eco/wildlife-tourism, clean energy, sustainable mobility and green tourism awards.
Tourism is one of the world’s fastest growing industries and is a major source of income for many countries. However, just like any other form of economic development, tourism also plays a major part in the ecological, social and cultural conservation of a nation or region. The growing awareness around these issues has introduced the world to trends such as ‘nature-based tourism’, ‘ecotourism’ and ‘cultural tourism’. Sustainable tourism is becoming so popular that some say that what we presently call ‘alternative’ will be the ‘mainstream’ in a decade.
This significant topic will be covered in full scope, bringing together a diverse panel of speakers, who will deepen the knowledge on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDG). Target 8.9 of the SDGs states that “devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products”. The importance of sustainable tourism, as a driver for jobs creation and the promotion of local culture and products, is also highlighted in Sustainable Development Goal target 12.b
- Dr. Ana Stranjančević, Assistant Professor, Program Director for BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management at the MODUL University Dubai
- Mr. Greg Simkins, Conservation Manager at Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Mr. Norberto Cibien, Managing Director, Products Lead Middle East & Turkey at Accenture
- Mr. Omar Souab, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai
- Yousuf Lootah (Pending), Executive Director – Development & Investments at Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing , Dubai (DTCM)
The event registration fees is AED 160 for EEG and CEBC members and AED250 for non-members.