INDUSTRY PRESS RELEASES AND MEDIA
Solar PV IPP Project on Landfill Site – REQUEST FOR CONCEPT (RFC)
6 March 2018
The Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain, represented by EWA, is issuing this Request for Concept (RFC) to seek concept proposals from Applicants, who may be a single entity or an Arrangement, to remediate a landfill site and implement a Solar PV Project on it (the “Project”). The plot identified for the Project is located in the Askar landfill site, in the Southern Governate of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Issued by: EWA- Planning & Studies
- Category/Sector: Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Initial Bond: BD 0
- Validity Of Initial Bond: 3 Months
- Tender Fees: BD 0
- Publish Date: Tuesday, 06 March 2018
- Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 April 2018
- Opening Date: Thursday, 12 April 2018
How to Participate?
- Those who are capable and wish to participate in the above tender have to purchase the Tender Documents online through the Bahrain Tender Board’s portal https://etendering.tenderboard.gov.bh starting from Tuesday, 06 March 2018.
- Bidders are requested to enclose with their bids the Initial Bond for the amount specified above or at the rate of 1% of the tender value whichever amount is lesser, provided that no initial bonds value shall be less than BD 100/-. (Except for the Two-envelope tenders).
- For Two-envelope tenders, bidders, are requested to enclose with their bids the Initial Bond for the amount specified above.
- The initial bond should be in the form of a Certified Cheque, Bank Guarantee, Insurance Policy or Cash (or as specified in the Tender Documents) valid for the duration specified above.
- The bids should be deposited in the tender box at the Tender Board offices located at Arcapita Building – Ground Floor -Building 551 –Road 4612 -Block 346 – Bahrain Bay – Kingdom of Bahrain.
- This tender is subject to the provisions of the Tender Law issued by the Legislative Decree No. 36 of 2002, its amendments, and its Implementing Regulations issued by the Decree No. 37 of 2002.
- In addition, these conditions have to be considered:
- Enclose copy of a valid Commercial Registration Certificate (CR) in line with the tender’s subject.
- Enclose copy of a valid certificate of compliance with the employment percentages for Bahraini manpower (Bahranization Certificate) issued by the Ministry of Labour.
- Form no. (TB 02) is to be filled in completely, mentioning the Total Tender Value and/ or Unit Price.(Except for the Two-envelope tenders)
- For Two-envelope tenders, bidders should fill Form no. (TB 02) twice as follows:
- In the Technical envelope, without mentioning the tender value, while enclosing the following:
- original initial bond
- copy of the CR
- copy of the Bahranization Certificate
- In the Financial envelope, with the Total Tender Value and/or Unit Price.
- All documents submitted as part of the bid must be stamped with the Company’s Stamp.
- This advertisement is considered supplementary to the tender documents. In case of any discrepancy between the Advertisement and the Tender Document, the Tender Document prevails.
- Vendors who are not registered in the Tender Board’s e-tendering system shall be required to register through the below-mentioned link, and for assistance please contact the Tender Board through email email@example.com or call on Tel No. +97317566617.