Etihad ESCO is a DEWA venture that was established in 2013 to make the Dubai built environment a leading example of energy efficiency for the region and the world. As a Super ESCO (Energy Service Company), it enables the energy performance contracting market in Dubai by developing energy efficiency projects targeting more than 30,000 buildings. Etihad ESCO aims to jumpstart the creation of viable performance contracting market for energy service companies by executing building retrofits, increasing penetration of district cooling, building capacity of local ESCOs for private sector and facilitating access to project finance. The Dubai ESCOs market will provide new business opportunities for joint ventures, international partnerships as well as engage UAE national entrepreneurs through a diversified supply chain from financial institutions, technology providers and equipment manufacturers to service providers across the project development, management and reporting stages.
To make Dubai one of the most sustainable cities in the world.
To make the Dubai built environment a leading example of energy efficiency for the region and the world.
- Create an energy performance contracting market in Dubai
- Support local and international ESCOs to grow and thrive
- Contribute to achieve energy demand reduction targets set by Dubai Supreme Council of Energy in the Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030
- 20% by 2020
- 30% by 2030
- Generate energy savings of 1.7 TWh by 2030
- Generate water savings of 5.6 BIG by 2030
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 1 M tons by 2030