Women in Clean Energy MENA (WICE) is an initiative set up under the umbrella of the MENA Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC).
WICE is a group set up by women, for women and wants to provide female professionals and students in MENA’s renewable and clean energy fields with a voice, encourage women into jobs in the clean energy sector and help advance their careers. WICE will provide a platform for business women to network with peers and to leverage off the experience and knowledge of senior executives and practitioners.
WICE is a program set up by women, for women and aims to provide professionals operating in the renewable and clean energy industries, with a voice in the Middle East
It aims to:
- To provide a forum for businesswomen to network with professional women within the clean and renewable energy fields.
- Organize training and technical seminars for women working in clean energy fields
- Increase job opportunities in cleantech sectors by encouraging University Students to participate in WICE activities to meet potential employers and leverage off the experience and knowledge of senior women executives and managers.
- Promote career progression and encourage women to attend industry conferences and networking to provide them with exposure to key decision makers within the wider cleantech industry.
- Provide a Business Mentoring program specifically for women working in the cleantech industry to facilitate career advancement and knowledge sharing.
- Build partnerships and networks with other women’s business councils and respected cleantech organizations in the MENA region to share ideas and strategies for engaging and encouraging women to enter the clean energy work force.
Each country in the MENA region will have a sub-committee reporting to the designated Board Member.
Sub-committees are responsible for building their network and coordinating quarterly women’s networking events and training seminars.
CEBC will coordinate annual/bi-annual MENA Regional Women’s Event(s) and will disseminate news and updates to WICE members.
To share your views and connect with other professional women working in the clean energy sector please join our WICE Linkedin group. We would love you to join in the discussion!
WICE Knowledge Centre
Empowering women and moving towards gender equality is just smart economics; it is time the Arab world accepts this fact and works to meet this goal.